man dublin shane fay ballymun offences
Stream Keywords: fay shane,ballymun dublin,dublin man,dublin offences,ballymun offences,ballymun man,man offences
An 18-year-old man charged with firearms offences following a shooting incident in Dublin last week in which a garda was injured has been refused bail.
A member of the Garda Emergency Response Unit received a gunshot wound to his forearm and a man was also injured following an exchange of fire during a Garda search at a house on Thursday at Barnwell Drive in Ballymun in north Dublin.
Shane Fay (18) from Belclare Park, Ballymun, was refused bail when he appeared before Judge Michael Walsh at Dublin District Court on Tuesday afternoon.
He faces two charges under the Firearms Act for unlawful possession of a Davidson semi-automatic pistol and four rounds of ammunition at a house at Barnwell Drive on December 7th.
Garda Stephen Enright told the court Mr Fay was arrested last Friday at 10.39am at Connolly Hospital Blanchardstown. He was taken to Ballymun Garda station and detained under the Offences Against the State Act.
Mr Fay made no reply when charged on Tuesday afternoon.
Defence solicitor Simon Fleming said his client was seeking bail.
Garda Enright objected citing the seriousness of the incident.
He told the court that gardaí were conducting a planned search at the house on Barnwell Drive.
He agreed with Mr Fleming that Mr Fay had no other charges pending.
The defence solicitor said the accused’s parents were profoundly disabled and Mr Fay was involved in their care on a daily basis which was accepted by Garda Enright.
He also agreed that Mr Fay had siblings living in this jurisdiction and he was on social welfare.
Mr Fleming told the judge his client was prepared to abide by bail terms which could deal with the Garda’s concerns.
However, the judge remanded Mr Fay in custody to appear at Cloverhill District Court next Tuesday.
Mr Fay has not yet indicated how he will plead.